The Canary Islands is Europe’s leading LGBTQ+ destination, and for good reason! The archipelago hosts several LGBTQ+ events during Pride Month and year round…
30th July 2022: Isla Bonita Love Festival of Tazacorte (La Palma Pride)
The Isla Bonita Love Festival brings several concerts on the island of La Palma together to celebrate the LGBTQ+ community. The festival also includes corporate competitions and campaigns throughout the months of June and July to give visibility to the LGBTQ+ collective and to raise awareness within the population of La Palma.
7th – 11th September 2022: Freedom Festival, Maspalomas, Gran Canaria
In its 5th year, the Freedom Festival brings together international artists, top DJs, pool parties, boat parties, drag race extravaganzas and much more to celebrate the LGBTQ+ community.
Playa de Maspalomas is one of Europe’s most popular gay beach island getaways, with extravagant nightlife, a myriad of gay hotels, sociable beaches.
Although most hotels are LGBT-friendly, why not stay at one of the many apartment complexes and bungalows tailored exclusively towards the gay community including Club Torso, Birdcage Resort-Gay Lifestyles Hotel, Mow Seven Hotel & Wellness, Villas Blancas, Rainbow Golf Bungalows and Los Almendros Gays Exclusive Vacation Club.
7th – 13th November 2022: Winter Pride, Maspalomas, Gran Canaria
Maspalomas Gay Pride is celebrated in May of each year, but don’t worry you haven’t missed out just yet, with an annual festival ‘Winter Pride’ hosted in November you can celebrate Pride all year long!
What to look forward to during Pride month 2023
May 2023: Maspalomas Gay Pride, Gran Canaria
May’s Maspalomas Pride marks the start of a sizzling summer in the Canary Islands. Gran Canaria is a hallmark for holding this legendary event, initially conceived as a way to celebrate LGBTQ+ rights and going on to become a top international festival. Throughout the festival, the south of the island becomes a hub where thousands of people from many near and far enjoy music, the beach, and pool parties in a unique sunny paradise.
June 2023: ARN Culture & Business Pride, Santa Cruz, Tenerife
Culture & Business Pride is the first festival dedicated to the culture of business, tourism and the rights of the collective that takes place in the Canary Islands. Combining concerts, informative talks and awards ceremonies, this celebration covers all angles of LGBTQ+ activism.
For more information on the Canary Islands, please visit www.hellocanaryislands.com
If you have any questions or require any assistance with the Canary Islands please contact Ciara Dunne, email@example.com
More LGBTQ+ Events in the Canary Islands each year:
- January: Fuerteventura LGBTIQ Film Festival.
- February: Carnival.
- March: Drag Queen Gala in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria and Drag Queen Gala in Santa Cruz de Tenerife.
- March: Can[Be]Gay Film Festival of Tenerife.
- March: Bear Carnival Maspalomas (Gran Canaria).
- May: Maspalomas Gay Pride (Gran Canaria).
- May: Fredom Gay Festival Yumbo Shopping Center in Maspalomas (Gran Canaria).
- May: Disco Night Urban Race Lanzarote.
- June: ARN Culture Pride Arona (Tenerife).
- June: Las Palmas Pride. Santa Cruz de Tenerife Pride.
- July: Isla Bonita Love Festival of Tazacorte. La Palma Gay Pride.
- August: La finca de papá (Icod de Los Vinos. Tenerife).
- August: Mister & Miss Maspalomas (Gran Canaria).
- October: Fredom Gay Festival Maspalomas.
- October: Dunes Festival Gran Canaria.
- October: Freedom Gay Festival Maspalomas (Gran Canaria).
- October: Maspalomas Fetish Week (Gran Canaria).
- October: Girls & Friends Weekend Party (Gran Canaria).
- November: Winter Pride Maspalomas (Gran Canaria).
- November: German Carnival (Gran Canaria).
- December: Rainbow Fuerteventura.