We’ve got some great news…it’s officially snowing! As the Winter season fast approaches, the first snowflakes have fallen on some of our most popular ski resorts across France, Italy, and Switzerland. If you’ve been waiting for a sign to book your next ski holiday, this is it! The arrival of fresh snow will soon transform the green mountains into sparkling white carpets, getting visitors geared up in their ski attire. Zermatt in Switzerland; Pila, Cervinia, and Sestriere in Italy; and La Plagne, Les Arcs, Les Deux Alpes, Val D’Isere, and Avoriaz were among the first resorts to report fresh snow, getting everyone excited and buzzing for the fast-approaching ski season.
Fresh Snow in Switzerland!
Zermatt has welcomed its first bit of snowfall, with locals buzzing to get their skis out of storage. This resort stands above from others, having the highest slopes in Europe of up to 3,883m. That’s not all though, with Zermatt’s ski area providing 360km of terrain, making it a ski-paradise for intermediate and advanced skiers alike. Here, you can explore the area’s wide-open glacier skiing, appreciate breathtaking scenic routes, and return home with an abundance of unforgettable memories. You can also ski across two countries in one day, with the Italian border nearby. This means pizza and pasta for lunch, before returning to Switzerland after a long day on the slopes! Zermatt is also one of the best resorts in the world for foodies, where you can indulge in Swiss fondue and other local delicacies. This picture-perfect town is filled with charm and charisma, featuring wooden chalets and horse-drawn sleighs gliding through the streets.
- Dublin – Switzerland: Depart 23rd December 2023, staying at 3* Hotel Derby, Zermatt, for 7 nights bed and breakfast from €2,199pps.
Snowflakes in Italy!
So far, Pila, Cervinia, and Sestriere are among the first to announce their first snowfall of this winter. These Italian ski resorts are renowned for their easy-going hospitality, delicious cuisine, scenic views, and homely accommodation. Nestled in the Alps, people visit from all over to experience Italy’s charm, with its various resorts suiting different preferences. Whilst Pila offers a quiet and peaceful atmosphere, which is great for families and beginners; Cervinia takes pride in its record high-altitude slopes, which is perfect for explorers and intermediate skiers. Each resort possesses a unique charm and offers something different. Whether it’s a good après ski culture, a calm and scenic holiday, or an exploration-packed getaway, you’ll find what you’re looking for in the Italian Alps.
- Dublin – Italy: Depart 24th December 2023, staying at 3* Hotel Plan Bois, Pila, for 7 nights on a half board basis from €1,149pps or €1,089pps (based on 4 sharing).
- Dublin – Italy: Depart 24th December 2023, staying at 4* Hotel Europa, Cervinia, for 7 nights bed and breakfast from €1,659pps.
- Dublin – Italy: Depart 24th December 2023, staying at 3* Hotel Savoy Edelweiss, Sestriere, for 7 nights on a half board basis from €1,219pps.
Extra Ski Holiday deals in December:
- Dublin – Austria: Depart 16th December 2023, staying at 3* Hotel Rendlhof, St Anton, for 7 nights on a half board basis from €519pps.
- Dublin – Bulgaria: Depart 23rd December 2023, staying at 4* Hotel Lion, Borovets, for 7 nights on a half board basis from €609pps, €1,689 (2+1), €2,449 (2+2).
- Dublin – Andorra: Depart 24th December 2023, staying at 2* Manzano 3000 Apartments, Pas De La Casa, for 7 nights on a self-catering basis from €559pps or €270pps (based on 4 sharing).
- Dublin – France: Depart 24th December 2023, staying at 3* Residence Odalys Tourotel, Val Thorens, for 7 nights on a self-catering basis from €739pps.
What is Included in your Ski Holiday with Crystal Ski
Crystal Ski combines all aspects of your holiday into one great-value package, so you can save time and money. All of their ski packages include:
- Return flights – with free luggage allowance.
- Transfers to and from your chosen resort.
- Accommodation for the duration of your stay.
Just to make things even easier, with Crystal, you can pre-book all of your mountain essentials too. Whether you’re a beginner or a pro, you can choose to include:
- A local or area lift pass.
- Ski or snowboard hire, or carriage, if you’ve got your own ski equipment.
- Boot and helmet hire.
- Ski or snowboard lessons.
All include flights, 20kg luggage and transfers.
Book with Crystal Ski & call a ski advisor on 01 653 3501
Prices correct at time of issue.
All holidays and prices are subject to change & availability and are based on 2 sharing and are for 7 nights (Unless stated above). Prices do not include optional extras such as insurance, in-flight meals or group seating. Normal Crystal Ski terms & conditions apply.