Press release date: 2nd July 2019
Why choose Italy?
With 1,220km of piste, the Dolomiti Superski in Italy is the world’s largest linked ski area, and arguably one of the most beautiful and impressive mountain ranges around.
The Dolomiti Superski is an intermediate’s paradise and you’ll be pushed to ski all of the areas that link around the Sella Ronda. Wherever you stay, you won’t be disappointed with what’s on your doorstep.
Italy shines in terms of tradition – its valleys are lined with old farming villages and relaxed working towns.
Good lift links, regular buses and minimal lift queues means more time on the slopes, and if quick access to the slopes is a necessity, Italy also has some purpose-built resorts for you.
Italian specialities are worldwide winners – who doesn’t love crisp pizza and fresh pasta?
Regional recipes are common too, so you can mix up your meals with things like dumplings and polenta.
Food is generally reasonably priced, and restaurants are quite laid-back – Italians tend to take their time over a proper lunch, with several courses and maybe a glass of wine.
Following the theme of the rest of the country, Italian après is quite casual. People gather in bars to catch up after skiing and sip a pre-dinner aperitivo – a traditional part of Italian culture.
Places are known to offer free snacks such as plates of cheese and cured meats, to keep you going until your evening meal.
- Family: Passo Tonale, La Thuile
- Après & nightlife: Sauze d’Oulx, Courmayeur
- Beginners: Passo Tonale, Cervinia
- Intermediates: Val di Fassa, Arabba
- Experts: Selva Val Gardena, Sestriere
- Depart on 29th December 2019, fly from Dublin to Turin, stay in the 4* Hotel Du Col, Sestriere, on a half-board basis for 7 nights from €1379 per person
- Depart 26th January 2020, fly from Dublin to Turin, stay in the 3* Miravalle, Sauze D’oulx, on a half-board basis for 7 nights from €689 per person
- Depart 8th February 2020, fly from Dublin to Verona, stay in the 3.5* Park Hotel Diamant, Val Di Fassa, on a half-board basis for 7 nights from €989 per person
- Depart 22nd February 2020, fly from Dublin to Verona, stay in the 3* Weisenheim Apartments, Selva, on a self-catering basis for 7 nights from €615 per person (based on 6 sharing)
- Depart 1st March 2020, fly from Dublin to Turin, stay in the 3* Planibel Apartments, La Thuile on a self-catering basis for 7 nights from €509 (based on 4 sharing)
- Family offer: Depart 21st December 2019, fly from Dublin to Verona, stay in the 4* Hotel Paradiso, Passo Tonale, on a half-board basis for 7 nights from €3368 (2 adults and 2 children)
All include flights from Dublin, 20kg luggage and transfers
Book with Crystal Ski and call a ski advisor on 01 653 3501
All holidays and prices are subject to change & availability, and are based on 2 sharing and are for 7 nights (unless stated above). Prices do not include optional extras such as insurance, in-flight meals or group seating. Normal Crystal Ski terms & conditions apply.