Ryanair’s inaugural flight from Cork Airport to Valencia, Spain, departed today, 2nd of June 2022. This new service will operate twice weekly.
Valencia became Cork Airport’s newest flight route destination today, 2nd of June 2022. Flights with Ryanair from Cork to Valencia will operate twice a week, departing on Thursdays and Sundays. This new route gives Corkonians the opportunity to discover Spain’s third largest city, the perfect destination for a city break or beach getaway, with flights starting at €45.
The Valencia tourist board is looking forward to welcoming holidaymakers from Cork and surrounds with the launch of this new route. Eva Fernández International PR Manager at Visit Valencia explains “Valencia is delighted to welcome the inaugural flight of Ryanair’s brand-new service from Cork to Valencia today. On top of Ryanair’s new service from Dublin, this second direct service to Valencia from Ireland, gives Irish holidaymakers even more opportunity to discover our beautiful city and everything we have to offer as a holiday destination”.
Valencia boasts long sandy beaches, natural spaces, great cultural offerings and exquisite gastronomy, offering something for every type of holidaymaker!
Commenting on this new service Roy O’Driscoll, Acting Managing Director at Cork Airport, said “This week, Ryanair will commence three new routes – including a new, twice-weekly service to Valencia, Spain. From now until the end of October, you can fly direct from Ireland’s second-largest city to Spain’s third-largest city.”
O’Driscoll continued “For holidaymakers from Cork and across the south of Ireland, we have no doubt that Valencia will be a popular destination with lots to see and do. Equally, we also look forward to welcoming our Spanish guests who choose to holiday in Ireland this year.”
Cork Airport is the Ireland’s second busiest and best-connected international airport flying to destinations across the UK and Continental Europe.
This new route from Cork is Ryanair’s second direct route to Valencia from Ireland, after the airline’s Dublin – Valencia route commenced earlier this year.
Quick Facts About Valencia
- 2.5-hour flight from Cork with Ryanair
- ORK-VLC two flights a week
- DUB-VLC four flights a week
- World Design Organization (WDO) named Valencia as the World Design Capital for 2022
- 300 days of sunshine, average temperature of approx. 18ºC
- A beautiful 9-kilometre-long park runs through the city centre
- The city has 2000 years of history
- UNESCO Cultural Heritage Site: The Silk Exchange
- UNESCO Intangible Cultural Heritage: Water Court and Fallas Festival
- Home to 20km of sandy beaches extended up to more than 135 in the whole province
- A great offer in accommodation, including nine brand new hotels in the city
There’s no better time to visit Valencia. Book your holiday with direct flights from Cork and Dublin with Ryanair at www.ryanair.ie
Find out more about Valencia at www.visitvalencia.com/en